Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hats off to Martha Stewart


I have never been a Martha Stewart fan- well I lie. I watched her make a really cool Thanksgiving turkey one time, and I thought that was pretty neat, but then she became so condescending and rude to her viewers that I quit watching. But my opinion changed about her greatly after she talked to Matt Lauer on the Today show.

This totally intact, ‘young’ elderly female announced to the world she would like to have breakfast with someone- (okay so would I - does before golf count?) , She would like to go to bed with somebody, she would like to sleep with somebody. AT 71 YEARS OLD she wants to be intimate, and have that incredible 1 on 1 time with a suitable man.  Here is the link to the interview- http://www.today.com/news/martha-stewart-date-online-seeks-man-bed-breakfast-6C9659426

I can barely ask a guy out to go do something benign, much less announce to anyone I want to meet a man to have sex.  Inviting a man out to me seems so taboo- I guess it was the generation I was raised up in. To this day, I expect a man to court me- not necessarily spend a lot of money- but make me feel like I am the only female in the world- and he can’t live without me. 

I would give anything to be like Samantha on ‘Sex and the City’- free spirited, and able to put myself out there- but instead I am more like Carrie, who was ‘ looking for love.Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love’. Just once in my life I think I deserve that.

But for right now- I would like to find a great guy, develop a friendship, and see where it goes( and I do know some great guys- just don’t know what they think of me)- and if that does not work, I may have to take Martha’s lead- but my parents will roll over in their graves if I announce I want a man to sleep with...... so I am content for a dinner, a walk, a kiss......and go from there.

Oh, and eventually, I would love to have a guy for bed and breakfast........

2 comments:

  1. It's not my gut I am worried about- it is the shy, reserved southern Catholic school girl in me.......

    ReplyDelete