Wednesday, May 29, 2013

And you met each other HOW?


I remember years ago, I met guys at school (Clyde Whitaker), at church( MIke Weaver- the #1 boyfriend), or through friends- somehow meeting people wasn’t such a challenge. Today- I don’t ‘go’ to school, and don’t look at church as a place I set my sights to meet a significant other. Being semi new in town I don’t have many friends to ask for referrals either. 

Which leaves a girl to ask- HOW are you supposed to meet someone?

Gone are the days of meeting a nice guy in the grocery store, an introduction at church or a neighborhood outing, and bar scene- totally out - Life has become too busy- and those that know what they want can put all the particulars into and advanced search and find their supposed ‘perfect mate’. Thats what match.com, eharmony and zoosk seem to offer.

I don’t think I could ever divulge enough about myself to be a compatible match for anyone- I think that is part of the process to getting to know someone- I like to think of myself as a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key- and for right now I am lucky enough not to really have to put myself out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment